SLADE – without a doubt, one of the most exciting bands to come out of Great Britain in the past 30 years. With their unique blend of perfect Pop-Rock’n’Roll, outrageous flamboyance and pure fun, SLADE have become a firm favourite in the hearts of pop fans the world over, with no less than 23 Top 20 singles of which 6 were No.1 smash hits….plus 6 smash albums. SLADE’S chart career has spanned 3 decades and their enduring songs CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE and CUZ I LUV YOU are still featured today in TV commercials for some of the Worlds biggest companies. SLADE first hit the road in 1966, touring throughout Great Britain and Europe and becoming a regular concert attraction. Joining forces with the former Animals bass guitarist and Jimi Hendrix Experience manager, Chas Chandler, SLADE achieved their first chart hit in May 1971 with the Bobby Marchan’s song GET DOWN AND GET WITH IT then, released in October of the same year CUZ I LUV YOU was the bands first No.1 and a huge hit across Europe.
Throughout the 70’s, SLADE became one of Europe’s biggest bands, touring and recording continually and making regular trips to America, Japan and other parts of the world. SLADE’S catalogue of hits are synonymous with the era: TAKE ME BAK ‘OME, MAMA WE’ER ALL CRAZEE NOW, CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE, GUDBYE T’ JANE, along with the many others provided a soundtrack to the Glam Generation and are still today, heavily featured on any retrospective of the time.
At the beginning of the 80’s, SLADE were invited to appear at the Reading Rock Festival, a massive annual event which attracted over 100,000 people. They literally stole the show, giving some of the worlds biggest rock bands a serious run for their money whilst kindling new interest from a whole new audience. As a result, the band signed a new record deal and unleashed the anthem WE’LL BRING THE HOUSE DOWN, which reached the Top10 in the UK in January 1981. SLADE were back!
Not content to rest on their Glam laurels, SLADE began forging a new path through the hugely influential British heavy rock scene. A second successful appearance at Castle Donnington in 1981, before a crown of over 200,000 people, consolidated the bands position and paved the way for the single LOCK UP YOUR DAUGHTERS, and the album TIL DEAF DO US PART.
While SLADE were busy in the UK releasing the massive hit MY OH MY to huge acclaim, L.A. metal band QUIET RIOT were spreading the word Stateside with their version of CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE, which proved so successful that they followed it up with MAMA WE’ER ALL CRAZEE NOW. Throughout the rest of the 80’s, SLADE toured and recorded due to them once again being a major force in British Pop’n’Rock.
The early 90’s saw the band’s RADIO WALL OF SOUND hit the UK Top 30 and gave SLADE a solid 20 year chart run.
In 1993, due to the continual demand from around the world, founder SLADE members Dave Hill and Don Powell decided to return to touring by playing a few select dates in Europe prior to embarking on what turned out to be a very successful two mouth tour of Australia.
SLADE have continued to tour the world. They are firm favourites on the lucrative German festival scene and undertake an annual UK “Merry Christmas Everybody” tour in December. They also have a huge following of fans and regularly play concert dates in Russia, Poland, Belgium, Holland, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, France and the Czech Republic.
Led by founder members Dave Hill and Don Powell, and joined by new members Steve Whalley and Dave Glover, SLADE today is still one of the most exciting bands on the road, and their stage performance is a dynamic, powerful and exhilarating roller coaster ride of pure unadulterated Rock’n’Roll.
Hits from SLADE:
* COZ I LUV YOU 15 Weeks in Charts – Nr. 1
* TAKE ME BAK ‘OME 13 Weeks in Charts – Nr. 1
* MAMA WEER ALL CRAZEE NOW 10 Weeks in Charts – Nr. 1
* CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE 12 Weeks in Charts – Nr. 1
* SKWEEZE ME, PLEEZE ME 10 Weeks in Charts – Nr. 1
* MERRY XMAS EVERYBODY 9 Weeks in Charts – Nr. 1
* GUDBUY T’JANE 13 Weeks in Charts – Nr. 2
* MY FRIEND STAN 8 Weeks in Charts – Nr. 2
* FAR FAR AWAY 6 Weeks in Charts – Nr. 2
* MY OH MY 11 Weeks in Charts – Nr. 2
* EVERYDAY 7 Weeks in Charts – Nr. 3
* THE BANGIN’ MAN 7 Weeks in Charts – Nr. 3
* LOOK WOT YOU DUN 10 Weeks in Charts – Nr. 4
* THANKS FOR THE MEMORY 7 Weeks in Charts – Nr. 7
* RUN RUNAWAY 10 Weeks in Charts – Nr. 7
* WE’LL BRING THE HOUSE DOWN 9 Weeks in Charts – Nr. 10
* IN FOR A PENNY 8 Weeks in Charts – Nr. 11
* LET’S CALL IT QUITS 7 Weeks in Charts – Nr. 11
* HOW DOES IT FEEL 7 Weeks in Charts – Nr. 15
* ALL JOIN HANDS 9 Weeks in Charts – Nr. 15
* GET DOWN AND GET WITH IT 14 Weeks in Charts – Nr. 16
* RADIO WALL OF SOUND 5 Weeks in Charts – Nr. 21
Vraag vrijblijvend boekingsinformatie aan voor Slade of stel een vraag over deze artiest.Wilt u liever bellen? U kunt ons bereiken via 024 -397 5174 of 020-636 1111.
- Lyon & Partners Group Management (agency), personal manager en agent voor artiesten en talenten.
- Meer dan 20 jaar ervaring als agentschap bij het boeken van artiesten en talenten
- Artiestenbureau met meer dan 2.000 talenten, acteurs, presentatoren en presentatrices
Bekijk andere vergelijkbare artiesten/talenten